Skiing and winter holidays
Cette page a été ajoutée à votre carnet de voyage.
Cette page a été ajoutée dans votre carnet de voyage.
The French Jura is home to one of the largest cross-country skiing areas in Europe. A large selection of winter landscapes over varied terrain and a selection of activities and winter atmosphere that offers the best for a winter holiday, the cross-country skiing spirit is a way of life within a preserved and reassuring environment that displays the specific characteristics of the French Jura mountains.
Winter holidays is not just cross-country skiing with its 1,000 km of marked trails, but it also snow racquet trekking through the wide valleys, dog-sleighing, Raclette Cheese evenings, the warm and family oriented welcome, authentic villages, accessible and relatively small ski resorts, the unique landscape, the several events and sports meetings such as the 'Transjurassienne' race in mid-February that has over 4,000 participants!
5 ski resorts
Station Les Rousses - Les Rousses Ski Resort
On the Swiss border, the Les Rousses ski resort offers unique winter sports surroundings within unspoiled scenery.
The 4 Villages connected to the resort, Bois d'Amont, Lamoura, Prémanon, and Les Rousses, all offer a wide range of activities for all ages and levels: Alpine skiing on 5 mountains and 49 runs, cross-country skiing over 200 km of marked trails, snow racquets, dog-sleigh, toboggan , biathlon, kite-surf, ski-joering, and ice skating. Winter here is magical with a number of surprises to be unveiled, Christmas markets, reindeer racing, the huge gathering for the Transjurassiene race in February, and also the largest Comté Cheese maturing cellars amongst the biggest cheese cellars in Europe at the Fort des Rousses.
The Les Rousses ski resort is the first French ski resort to have a 'Green' label (flocon vert - Green snowflake) which was launched by the 'Mountain Riders' association, and is inspired by the 'Pavillon Bleu - Blue Flag' for beaches, and it highlights all efforts made to protect the environment and to use sustainable energies, transports, energy, water, waste, and landscapes. The Les Rousses ski resort has been approved for the 31 criteria of the 'Green' label (flocon vert - Green snowflake) with 3 leading projects that illustrate the avant-garde commitment made by the ski resort. Choose to 'Ski-green' this winter!
- 4 Villages: Bois d'Amont, Lamoura, Prémanon, and Les Rousses
- Cross-country skiing: Over 220 km of marked trails
- Alpine skiing: 3 ski resorts, 34 ski lifts of which 5 chairlifts, 5 black runs, 14 red runs, 10 blue runs, 20 green runs.
- Snow racquets and walking: 12 marked trails for snow racquets and walkers, 55 km of marked trails for snow racquets.
- Secured toboggan areas, many shops and services.
The French Jura Monts Rivières cross-country resorts
Haute-Joux and Foncine resorts, in the Jura Monts Rivières in the French Jura, don't go looking for big ski resorts, everything here is easily accessible, the mountains and villages, and contacts between the inhabitants.
Between the Haute-Joux and the Mont-Noir, no broken landscapes, just forests and soft flowing hills, no large buildings, mostly self-catering accommodation in wood chalets where life takes a different pace. No major distances to be covered to access the trails, and no queues.
- 2 Cross-country skiing resorts: Foncine-le-Haut starting from 'Chez Valentin' and 'Le Bayard', trapper sites
- La Haute-Joux: Arsuere-la-Baroche, Cernievaud, Mignovillard-la-Bourre, Vaux-et-Chantegrue
- Cross-country skiing: 285 km of trails
- Alpine skiing: 1 ski lift, and 2 rope ski lifts for children with a blue run and a red run
- Snow racquets and walking: 28 marked trails for snow racquets and walkers
- Many secured toboggan areas, shops and services.
Haut-Jura - Grandvaux
In the Haut-Jura Natural Regional Park, between the Cascades du Hérisson and Les Rousses ski resort, at alt. 900 to alt. 1,000 m, the Combe du Grandvaux cross-country trails offer yet another type of environment, skiing, toboggan, rambling, and snow racquets. Everything is prepared to enable you to discover the scenery and soft landscape on marked and groomed trails leading to frozen lakes, and open low valleys surrounded by forests.
- 6 Villages: Prénovel, Les Piards, Chaux-des-Prés, Saint-Pierre, Lac-des-Rouges-Truites, Saint-Laurent-en-Grandvaux
- Cross-country skiing: Over 200 km of marked and groomed trails
- Alpine skiing: Nanchez ski resort at Les Piards, 1 green run, 1 blue run, and 1 red run, and a snowboard 'rail park' accessible with a tow-bar.
- Snow racquets and walking: 12 snow racquet trails and a themed circuit 'L'homme de la forêt' - The man from the forest.
- Other activities: Horse drawn sleds, ski-joering at Château-des-Prés, and the Les Frasses pedagogic farm, dog sleighing, secured toboggan area, many shops and services.
Haut-Jura - Oh Jura...
Resorts at Bellefontaine, Longchaumois, and Morbier. The Haut-Jura villages all have something to offer, with all forms of snow gliding... cross-country skiing, alpine skiing, toboggan, walking, and sled excursions will make your holiday all the more different and memorable. The alpine ski runs focused on learning from the most tender age, all make a special holiday for the youngest in a safe and secure environment without massive speeding crowds.
Amateurs of wide open spaces will find an ideal playground to escape on cross-country skis, snow racquets, or dog sleighs for 1 hour, 1 day, or a whole week.
- 3 resorts: Bellefontaine, Longchaumois, and Morbier
- Cross-country skiing: Over 190 km of marked and groomed trails
- Alpine skiing: 5 ski lifts, 3 green runs, 2 blue runs, and 2 red runs
- Snow racquets and walking: 22 snow racquet trails
- Other activities: Border-cross, toboggan area, freestyle mattresses, dog sleighing, and services
Haut-Jura, Saint-Claude, Hautes-Combes
These resorts at over alt. 1,100 m, in the heart of the Haut-Jura Natural regional Park, designed to enjoy the surrounding peace and calm.
Large fir tree forest reach to the sky and lead directly to steep rock faces, where man has learned to become one with nature and welcomes mushers who have this region as their home. The houses are covered with unique small wood slats called 'tavaillons' giving them an incomparable style. Lovely panoramas and views over the surrounding mountains, whether skiing, on snow racquets, or dog sleighing.
- 4 resorts: Lajoux, Septmoncel-Les Molunes, Les Moussières-Bellecombe, La Pesse
- Cross-country skiing: Over 152 km of marked and groomed trails
- Alpine skiing: 11 ski lifts, 4 green runs, 3 blue runs, and 1 red run
- Snow racquets and walking: 6 snow racquet trails
- Other activities: Toboggan area, dog sleighing, and services